Landlord Insurance – Protecting Rental Income

It is up to your tenants to take out their own contents insurance, but you as a landlord will need to have building and landlord insurance. You may also want to consider liability insurance to protect yourself should your tenants damage the investment property or themselves.

Landlord insurance covers malicious or accidental damage by a tenant, legal liabilities, loss of rental income … the list of hazards facing landlords is almost endless, and, not surprisingly, many choose to hand the day-to-day responsibility for their investment properties to real estate agents or property managers.

Any fees paid to a property manager are tax deductible and can be claimed in your annual tax return as an expense of the property.

Have a question regarding landlord insurance?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *